The mission of the insurance committee is to collectively identify the essential issues and topics regarding the insurance industry in Korea and address suitable recommendations to the relevant government regulators and agencies through AMCHAM advocacy procedures. In serving the best interest of the members and the insurance industry, insurance committee strives to achieve the following goals in a responsive, efficient and effective manner, consistent with the needs and demands of its members.
- Promote and protect members’ interest;
- Promote fair and competitive insurance markets;
- Support and improve government regulations on insurance.
2) Activities in Support of the Mission
- The committee organizes regular meetings on insurance related issues, typically involving guest speakers from regulatory agencies, U.S. and Korean governments, and academia.
- The committee works together with the U.S. and Korean governments, Embassy of The United States, Ministry of Finance and Strategy, Financial Services Commission, Financial Supervisory Services, Korea Life Insurance Agency, General Insurance Association of Korea, and American Council of Life Insurers.
RODIS PAIK- METLIFE KOREA (02-3469-9380)